FEZ TO CHEFCHAOUEN DAY TOUR
FEZ TO CHEFCHAOUEN Day Trip from Fes, Presented to you by Prime Morocco Tours.
Customize your Chefchaouen Day Trip and Explore this Charming Blue City
FEZ TO CHEFCHAOUEN DAY Trip, Overview
One day tour from Fez the scientific capital of Morocco to Chefchaouen famous as the blue pearl of the country situated in the Rif Mountains north of Morocco will start early in the morning picking you up from your place of stay. Arriving there you have the chance to walk in the old medina of Chefchaouen with its blue walls and beautiful doors before stopping for lunchtime. Afterward, you will visit the Kasbah in the center of the town built by Moulay Ismail founder of Meknes city used once as a fortress to fight against the colonialists. Later on, it’s time for shopping in Medina’s old market before calling it a day and going back to Fez City.
A day trip from Fes to Chefchaouen is a popular choice among travelers visiting Morocco. Chefchaouen, also known as the Blue City, is a picturesque town nestled in the Rif Mountains, renowned for its blue-painted streets and buildings. Here’s the itinerary highlights for a day trip from Fes to Chefchaouen:
Highlights of the Chefchaouen Day Trip
- Departure from Fes: Start your day early in the morning to make the most of your time in Chefchaouen. You can either hire a private driver or join a guided tour, both of which are readily available in Fes.
- Scenic Drive: Enjoy the scenic drive from Fes to Chefchaouen, which takes approximately three to four hours, depending on the route and traffic conditions. As you pass through the beautiful Moroccan countryside, you’ll have the opportunity to see the changing landscapes.
- Arrival in Chefchaouen: Once you arrive in Chefchaouen, your driver or guide will drop you off near the entrance of the medina (old town). From there, you can explore the town on foot.
- Exploring the Blue City: Chefchaouen is famous for its blue-washed streets, vibrant markets, and charming architecture. Take your time to wander through the narrow alleys, soak in the unique ambiance, and capture stunning photos. Don’t miss the iconic Plaza Uta el-Hammam, the main square of Chefchaouen, which is surrounded by cafes and shops.
- Kasbah Museum: Visit the Kasbah Museum, located in the heart of the medina. This 15th-century fortress-turned-museum offers insight into the history and culture of the region, and it also provides panoramic views of the town and the surrounding mountains from its rooftop.
- Lunch and Relaxation: Enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the many restaurants or cafes in Chefchaouen. Indulge in traditional Moroccan cuisines, such as tagines or couscous, and savor the flavors of the local cuisine. Afterward, take some time to relax and immerse yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of the town.
- Souvenir Shopping: Chefchaouen is known for its handicrafts and artisanal products. Explore the bustling markets and narrow streets lined with shops selling local goods, including woven textiles, ceramics, leather products, and traditional Moroccan spices. This is an excellent opportunity to purchase unique souvenirs or gifts to remember your trip.
- Return to Fes: In the late afternoon or early evening, depart from Chefchaouen and head back to Fes. Relax and enjoy the scenic drive, taking in the beautiful landscapes along the way.
Why you Should visit Chefchaouen ‘the blue city
Chefchaouen, known as the Blue City, is a captivating Moroccan gem nestled in the picturesque Rif Mountains. With its mesmerizing blue-washed streets and buildings, the town creates an enchanting and tranquil atmosphere that lures visitors into a world of serene beauty. Chefchaouen’s charming medina, bustling markets, and rich Riffian culture offer a delightful blend of exploration and relaxation, making it a must-visit destination for those seeking a unique and immersive experience in Morocco.
Please note that this itinerary is a general suggestion, and you can adjust it based on your preferences and the time you have available. Don’t hesitate to contact us to customize a new Chefchaouen Day Trip.